The school board is a formal mechanism for parents, carers, and staff to participate in school decision-making. The Board is responsible for the school’s strategic direction while operational matters are the responsibility of the Principal.
The functions of the school board include:
- establishing the strategic direction and priorities of the school
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting on school performance
- developing, maintaining and reviewing curriculum for the school
- establishing budgetary policies for the school and approving the school budget
- establishing policies for the efficient and effective use of school assets and the management of financial risk
- developing relationships between the school, the community and community organisations; and
- encouraging parent participation in their children’s learning
The Duffy Primary School Board parent representatives for 2015 are Claire Pearce, and Debbie Noble-Carr. A third board member position is available for interested parents.