The School Board is a formal mechanism for parents, carers, and staff to participate in school decision-making. The Board is responsible for the school’s strategic direction, while operational matters are the responsibility of the Principal.
The Board's functions include
- establishing the school's strategic direction and priorities;
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting on school performance;
- developing, maintaining and reviewing school curriculum;
- establishing budgetary policies for the school and approving school budget;
- establishing policies for the efficient and effective use of school assets and managing financial risk;
- developing relationships between the school, the community and community organisations; and
- encouraging parent participation in their child(ren)'s learning.
More information about the School Board is available on the Duffy Primary School site.